Bronco’s been dealt a bad hand, people. Yeah, this season was a bust, but this offseason we’re not rebuilding, we’re reloading. Anyone will drop the ball if you hit them hard enough, but the BYU football team is a Band of Brothers and Bronco will lead them back to the Promised Land. I’d like to take one minute to celebrate the tradition, spirit, and honor that Coach Mendenhall has brought to BYU football.
1. Bronco Mendenhall has a deep and thorough knowledge of the tactics of college football–what works, and what doesn’t.
2. Bronco is a coach who respects his players, involving them at all steps in his decision making…
…and never unnecessarily putting them in harm’s way.
3. He consistently trains his athletes to execute at a higher level.
4. His teams are magnanimous in victory…
5. …and gracious in defeat.
6. Even after graduation, his players stay true to what they learned under him and become pillars of their communities.
(Especially compared to the classless football players at that university up north.)
7. No matter the struggle, we know Bronco is in it for the long haul.